Sunday, May 24, 2009

Eastward Bound!!!





We'll, I've finally done it, I've handed in my resignation letter. We're finally leaving this place and heading somewhere green, and just in time. It reached 57 Celcius last summer and I don't want to go through that again. I've been offered, and accepted a postion at the Grand Hyatt Guangzhou to run thier "G" restarant and bar.

"G"


Let me show you what we're leaving. Once again, photos are not by me because I'm too lazy, but I'll start taking a couple before we leave.

Big city



Big city from further out covered by a haze of dust and pollution.



Big city from further out covered by a haze of dust and pollution surrounded by dry, dusty "mountains"



Big city from further out covered by a haze of dust and pollution surounded by dry, dusty "mountains" surrounded by dirt.


I know I sound a little jaded, but we've been here for over 8 years. It's just time for a change. But this is what we're going to,

"Guangzhou is part of the Pearl River Delta. It has a humid subtropical climate influenced by the Asian monsoon. Summers are wet with high temperatures and a high humidity index. Winters are mild, dry and sunny." and it's close to Hong Kong and Macau and a lot closer to Canada than I am now. I can now get a direct flight instead of having to stop-over in Europe. It's also close enough to Vietnam that we can drive, providing we get all the paper work completed. Anyway, I'll give you more information when I have time.

3 comments:

Cathy West said...

I am really excited for you guys. But is humid going to be better than 50 c. Of course. I sort of checked the site out. Looks very elegant. What kind of food will you be serving.

chefjama said...

Absolutely! We get 50C here, plus 80% humidity. Anything is better than that.

Jenn said...

China! How exciting! I hope you love it there. I wouldn't be able to stand the heat, dust and humidity either, so it sounds like a good move. I'd take it over freezing cold, though. So, where to next??